This is an optional lesson (as I’m sure you have a guitar and you want to get started.)
Perhaps come back to this video when you’re ready to upgrade your beginners guitar.
Most of what I mention in the video, including my specific guitar recommendations can be found by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE VIDEO ABOVE:
- Don’t buy from the internet right away. Go to a guitar shop and try them out.
- Take a friend (who can play guitar) to the shop with you.
- Don’t buy too cheap. Cheap guitars are often harder to play.
- Choose your guitar based on 4 things: Your budget (the more you can afford the better), what it looks like, how comfortable it is to hold and how it sounds.
- Try out 3 to 6 different guitars before you commit. Each guitar will sound different so play the same chord on each one to A/B test the sound.
- You’ll be playing this new guitar for a long time. Don’t rush your decision.
- When you do buy the guitar check to see if you can get some things thrown in for free. Bag, picks, strap, capo etc… (CHECKLIST OF GUITAR ACCESSORIES)