We're now ready to start putting the song together.
Remember to do 5-10 minutes of synchronisation and syncopation exercises (as shown in the previous two videos) before you start playing the song.
- Start strumming mutes and singing at the same time. Always remember to keep a steady tempo with each strum.
- Next, strum each chord and hold it (usually 4 beats for most songs) and sing the melody at the same time.
- If you find yourself hesitating with each strum, then use a metronome set to a slow speed. (60 - 80bpm)
- If you're finding it challenging putting the two together then try humming the melody instead of singing.
- Keep tapping your foot in time with each strum.